Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Washington D.C.

Stuart Knechtle

            Washington D.C. was an experience I will never forget. The Newseum included everything I could possibly want in one building. From having to wake up at 3a.m, to seeing the door that exposed Watergate, I felt like I was experiencing a day in the life of a journalist. When I listened to two men discussing politics and journalism, one who worked beside Henry Kissinger and the other who was a reporter for the L.A. Times, I began to think harder about the issues. Not only do we have a tremendous obligation to uncover the truth, but we also have an obligation to present such truth to each and every citizen. The biggest thing I took away from that day was that it is a journalist’s job to get the truth and by presenting such truth, hopefully justice will be granted to all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment